A new file encrypting virus Maria Ransomware has infected many Windows computer recently. Many user’s reported that their automatically got infected by unknown virus and all their files got encrypted. The only thing they are capable to know about this virus that it is demanding ransom to its official email. This nasty threat silently enter the targeted computer and encrypt the entire data. Then after it drops a Attention.url file on the infected computer. When user open this file, then Maria Ransomware demand the ransom money through Bitcoin to provide the decryption key.
This nasty ransomware infection will show ransom message on the infected computer. It mainly wants to bring havoc among the users and make them pay money. It is mainly created by cyber crooks to infect the targeted PC, take files on hostage and demand ransom money from the users. Maria Ransomware mainly infect your computer through spam email attachments. It can also get dropped into your computer through other threats and malware.
Its been a major problem that paying ransom amount will decrypt files or not. Well as like most of the other file encrypting threats, Maria Ransomware also make clone of your data after encrypting them. It also delete the original data, so it is not worth paying the ransom to hackers. You will not get back all your data even after paying the ransom amount. Maria Ransomware is able to infect all kind of files such as Videos, Images, audios, word files, Pdf and many more.
What To Do After Maria Ransomware Infection
First of all you should check your PC for any working files. If any of the file is working then you should immediately copy that data on an external drive. Then after you should remove this threat by using a powerful malware removal tool. It is the best option you have. You can later get your data back by using any backup (If you have). In case if you don’t have any backup of your files then your can use any powerful data recovery tool like Data Recover Pro to get back your data.
How To Remove Maria Ransomware Virus From PC
Presence of Maria Ransomware is a great risk for your entire system. As discussed above, this devastating threat can completely destroy your PC, and hence immediate actions are required to protect your computer. However, it is not going to be an easy task to remove this notorious malware infection from infected system, specially if your not technically sound. Here, we provide your the best possible way to remove Maria Ransomware virus completely from your PC in a very safe and user friendly way.
Basically, there are two possible way to remove Maria Ransomware virus. The first way is using Automatic Removal Tool which enables the users to deal with all kinds of severe and catastrophic malware infection is a very easy as well as safe manner. On the other hand, manual removal is the second way to delete Maria Ransomware from your Windows computer. The details of both malware removal options “Automatic as well as Manual” has described below, take a look.
|Method 1 : Remove Maria Ransomware Automatically|
For Automatic removal of Maria Ransomware we suggest you to use SpyHunter Malware Scanner tool. It is one most powerful, quick and reliable tool that has the capability to wipe out any severe malware infection i.e, (Adware, Browser Hijackers, Trojan, Ransomware, Worm, Rootkit, Referral Spams, Scam Pop-up, Redirect Virus, Crypto-Trojan etc.) from all versions of Windows OS system. It brings a set of very smart and efficient feasters that allows the users to scam and removal all kinds of potentially harmful threat including Maria Ransomware from PC permanently. SpyHunter ensures complete security of your PC.
Steps To Remove Maria Ransomware Automatically
Step 1 :- Click on below button and Download SpyHunter in your PC.
Step 2 :- Double click on executable file to install and run SpyHunter.
Step 3 :- Click on Scan Computer Now button.
Step 4 :- Here you can you list of all kinds of malware in your PC.
Step 4 :- Click on Fix Threats button to delete Maria Ransomware permanently.
Recover Your Data Automatically
Well, we all know that some certain malware such as Trojans, Ransomware etc. compromises users personal files and can result in serious data loss issue. In case, if your important files are encrypted or delete by Maria Ransomware then you will need to take the help of a powerful data recovery tool in order to restore your files. Data Recovery Pro is one very reliable and powerful utility that can easily recover all kinds of important data. It is capable to restore locked, encrypted, deleted or inaccessible files from all versions of Windows OS PC.
Steps To Recover Your Data
Step 1 :- Download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
Step 2 :- Click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
Step 3 :- Now select all your important files and click on Recover button to get back your data.
|Method 2 : Remove Maria Ransomware Manually|
If you are a computer geek then you shouldn’t have any kind of problem while removing Maria Ransomware virus from your system. You will need to go through a certain set complex process manually in order to remove this virus from your computer. However, it is seen that manual methods sometimes fails to remove certain malware completely and users continue to experience same issues even after following all manual removal steps multiple times. So, if you have any kinds of doubts regarding manual removal then you should better look for Automatic Malware Scanner Tool to remove Maria Ransomware virus permanently from your computer.
Part 1 : Boot Your Computer In Safe Mode
- Close all running program properly and Restart your PC.
- Keep tapping F8 button on your keyboard to open Windows Advanced Option.
- Use Arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking option.
Part 2 : Remove Maria Ransomware From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open browser and click on (⋮) icon from the top right corner of your browser.
- From the drop-down list of browser menu select More Tools option.
- Now click on Extension.
- Here you can see the list of all extension, Select Maria Ransomware and click on Trash icon.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open browser menu by clicking gear (⋮) icon from the top right corner of your browser.
- Open Settings and the click on Show Advanced Settings option.
- Click on Reset Setting option and Restore your browser settings to default.
Remove Maria Ransomware From Browser Homepage (Optional)
Since, Maria Ransomware alters your browser default home page as well as search engine hence it would be sensible to undo all the changes that has been made by Maria Ransomware virus. However, this step is optional for users.
- Click (⋮) icon to open browser menu >>> Navigate to the “Settings” >>> click on “Appearance” >>> check “Show Home Button” box.
- A “New Tab page” option will appear >>> Select “Change” to set your desired home page.
Remove Malicious Search Engine
- Open Google Chrome >>> click on menu (⋮) icon >>> select “Settings” option.
- Find out the “Search” option >>> click on drop-down menu >>> select your default Search Engine to replace malicious search provider set by Maria Ransomware.
Remove Malicious Extension Created By Maria Ransomware
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Browser Menu by clicking (☰) icon.
- Select Add-ons option from drop-down list of browser menu.
- From the left panel of your browser click on extension.
- Now select and remove Maria Ransomware and other unwanted extensions from your browser.
Refresh Browser Settings
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click (☰) icon.
- Select Help option from drop-down list of browser menu.
- Now Click on “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on Refresh Firefox to restore your browser settings.
Remove Malicious Homepage Infected By Maria Ransomware
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser >>> click on menu (☰) icon >>> Navigate to “Options” >>> Select “General”.
- Under “When Firefox start” option >>> Click on “Show my home page” >>> enter you desired URL address for homepage to replace malicious homepage created by Maria Ransomware.
Reset Default Search Engine
Open Mozilla Firefox browser >>> click on magnifying glass located in the “Search bar” on your toolbar >>> click on “Change Search Settings” option.
Choose your Default Search Engine from “Search Preferences” window.
Well, Edge does not include extensions hence users will have to clear your browsing history and undo all changes made by Maria Ransomware virus in your web browser.
Clear Browsing Histrory
- Open Edge browser and click on More (…) icon to open Browser Menu.
- The drop-down menu will appear, click on Settings.
- Click on Choose What To Clear option.
- Make the selection and click on Clear button.
Reset Search Engine
- Open Edge browser then click on More (…) icon and select Settings.
- Click on View Advance Settings option.
- Click on <Add New> option to reset default search provider.
- Now enter your desired search engine and hit Add as Default button.
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open browser >>> click Tools menu >>> select Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel.
- Now select Maria Ransomware and click disable tab.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer >>> Click on “Tools” menu >>> “Internet option”.
- Choose “Advanced tab” and hit “Reset” button.
- Click on “Delete personal settings” check box and hit on “Reset” button.
Reset Malicious Home Page
- Open Internet Explorer >>> click on Tools icon >>> navigate to “Internet Options” from the menu.
- Click on General >>> Under “Home page” section >>> enter the URL of your desired homepage >>> click on “Apply” button and tap “OK” to save your changes.
Set Desired Homepage In Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer >>> hit the Tools icon to open browser menu >>> Click on “Manage Add-ons” option from drop down list.
- Click on “Search Providers” select your default search provider >>> click on the “Set as default” button.
Part 3 :- Kill Maria Ransomware Related Process Via Windows Task Manger
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons simultaneously to open Windows Task Manager.
- Select Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Select all malicious process related with Maria Ransomware and click End Process option.
Part 4 :- Uninstall Maria Ransomware From Control Panel
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all program select and remove Maria Ransomware.
- Click on Windows icon and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Programs section and choose Uninstall a program option.
- Now select Maria Ransomware from all programs list and click Uninstall tab.
- Turn the cursor to lower-left corner of your system screen and click Start button.
- Now search for Control Panel in the search box and then click Control Panel.
- From the list of all programs select Maria Ransomware and hit Uninstall tab.
- Go to Start and click on Setting icon.
- Under Setting page click on System option.
- Here click on Apps & Features option.
- From the list of all programs choose Maria Ransomware and hit Uninstall tab. Confirm the action if asked.
Part 5 :- Remove Maria Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button together on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by Maria Ransomware virus.
Malicious Registry Keys Created by Maria Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
|Prevention Tips To Avoid Maria Ransomware In Future|
After using the above methods careful you should not have any problem while removing Maria Ransomware virus from your PC. However, it is important to know for the users of these kind of attacks are very common nowadays. It is very much possible that your system may get infected again with some other malware and hence you need to be very careful. Well, we all know prevention is always better than cure. Hereby, it would be quite sensible for users to follow essential prevention steps in order to keep your PC safe and healthy for a long run.
- Avoid downloading freeware application or updates from any unauthorized websites.
- Users must not click on any misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Keep your system and all important program updated.
- Download updates from authentic and official websites.
- Always keep and updated and powerful anti-malware tool in your PC.
- Scan your PC for hidden threats, malware and viruses on regular intervals.
- Do not use any external USB drives in your PC without scanning.
- Select custom installation process to install any software in your PC and avoid bundled malware and PUP.
- Avoid any spam emails from unknown sender as it often carry any malicous attachments.
- Avoid using any open or public wife network.