I got a new virus MCrypt2018 Ransomware on my computer. It has locked all my system files and folders. When I tried to open my videos today, I was not able to access them. When I looked on my files, I have seen .AMBA extension to the end of all my files. I also got a ransom message on my computer screen MCrypt2018 Ransomware. It demanding money to unlock my files. What should I do now? How to remove this infection and get my files back?
What is MCrypt2018 Ransomware
MCrypt2018 Ransomware is a new file encrypting virus. It is a nasty ransomware virus. This dubious threat is mainly created to invade the users computer and encrypt their files. This nasty threat uses a powerful encryption methods to lock files on your computer. It is able to lock all kind of system files including videos, images, audios, pdf, word files, documents, ppt, excel and many more. After encrypting your files, it will add the .AMBA extension to the end of all your files. After successful encryption of your files, it will leave a ranosm note on your computer screen. This dubious MCrypt2018 Ransomware will ask you to pay the ransom money withing give time to get your files back.
How MCrypt2018 Ransomware Enter Your PC
This dubious AMBA Ransomware ransomware virus normally intrude your computer through spam email attachments. This perilous threat can also get into your machine through bundled freeware programs. It can also get injected to your system through other harmful threats and malware. It can also get downloaded to your system when you visit to malicious or pron websites or use drive by download websites.
How Harmful is MCrypt2018 Ransomware
This nasty PC threat is a serious rist for any Windows computer system. It can infect any version of Windows OS very easily. After encrypting your files, it demand ransom money to decrypt your data. The main problem is this dubious threat do not decrypt the users data even after getting the payment. It can also risk your privacy and system security. You are advised to delete MCrypt2018 Ransomware from your PC as early as possible.
How To Remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware Virus From PC
Presence of MCrypt2018 Ransomware is a great risk for your entire system. As discussed above, this devastating threat can completely destroy your PC, and hence immediate actions are required to protect your computer. However, it is not going to be an easy task to remove this notorious malware infection from infected system, specially if your not technically sound. Here, we provide your the best possible way to remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware virus completely from your PC in a very safe and user friendly way.
Basically, there are two possible way to remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware virus. The first way is using Automatic Removal Tool which enables the users to deal with all kinds of severe and catastrophic malware infection is a very easy as well as safe manner. On the other hand, manual removal is the second way to delete MCrypt2018 Ransomware from your Windows computer. The details of both malware removal options “Automatic as well as Manual” has described below, take a look.
|Method 1 : Remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware Automatically|
For Automatic removal of MCrypt2018 Ransomware we suggest you to use SpyHunter Malware Scanner tool. It is one most powerful, quick and reliable tool that has the capability to wipe out any severe malware infection i.e, (Adware, Browser Hijackers, Trojan, Ransomware, Worm, Rootkit, Referral Spams, Scam Pop-up, Redirect Virus, Crypto-Trojan etc.) from all versions of Windows OS system. It brings a set of very smart and efficient feasters that allows the users to scam and removal all kinds of potentially harmful threat including MCrypt2018 Ransomware from PC permanently. SpyHunter ensures complete security of your PC.
Steps To Remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware Automatically
Step 1 :- Click on below button and Download SpyHunter in your PC.
Step 2 :- Double click on executable file to install and run SpyHunter.
Step 3 :- Click on Scan Computer Now button.
Step 4 :- Here you can you list of all kinds of malware in your PC.
Step 4 :- Click on Fix Threats button to delete MCrypt2018 Ransomware permanently.
Recover Your Data Automatically
Well, we all know that some certain malware such as Trojans, Ransomware etc. compromises users personal files and can result in serious data loss issue. In case, if your important files are encrypted or delete by MCrypt2018 Ransomware then you will need to take the help of a powerful data recovery tool in order to restore your files. Data Recovery Pro is one very reliable and powerful utility that can easily recover all kinds of important data. It is capable to restore locked, encrypted, deleted or inaccessible files from all versions of Windows OS PC.
Steps To Recover Your Data
Step 1 :- Download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
Step 2 :- Click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
Step 3 :- Now select all your important files and click on Recover button to get back your data.
|Method 2 : Remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware Manually|
If you are a computer geek then you shouldn’t have any kind of problem while removing MCrypt2018 Ransomware virus from your system. You will need to go through a certain set complex process manually in order to remove this virus from your computer. However, it is seen that manual methods sometimes fails to remove certain malware completely and users continue to experience same issues even after following all manual removal steps multiple times. So, if you have any kinds of doubts regarding manual removal then you should better look for Automatic Malware Scanner Tool to remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware virus permanently from your computer.
Part 1 : Boot Your Computer In Safe Mode
- Close all running program properly and Restart your PC.
- Keep tapping F8 button on your keyboard to open Windows Advanced Option.
- Use Arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking option.
Part 2 : Remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open browser and click on (⋮) icon from the top right corner of your browser.
- From the drop-down list of browser menu select More Tools option.
- Now click on Extension.
- Here you can see the list of all extension, Select MCrypt2018 Ransomware and click on Trash icon.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open browser menu by clicking gear (⋮) icon from the top right corner of your browser.
- Open Settings and the click on Show Advanced Settings option.
- Click on Reset Setting option and Restore your browser settings to default.
Remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware From Browser Homepage (Optional)
Since, MCrypt2018 Ransomware alters your browser default home page as well as search engine hence it would be sensible to undo all the changes that has been made by MCrypt2018 Ransomware virus. However, this step is optional for users.
- Click (⋮) icon to open browser menu >>> Navigate to the “Settings” >>> click on “Appearance” >>> check “Show Home Button” box.
- A “New Tab page” option will appear >>> Select “Change” to set your desired home page.
Remove Malicious Search Engine
- Open Google Chrome >>> click on menu (⋮) icon >>> select “Settings” option.
- Find out the “Search” option >>> click on drop-down menu >>> select your default Search Engine to replace malicious search provider set by MCrypt2018 Ransomware.
Remove Malicious Extension Created By MCrypt2018 Ransomware
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Browser Menu by clicking (☰) icon.
- Select Add-ons option from drop-down list of browser menu.
- From the left panel of your browser click on extension.
- Now select and remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware and other unwanted extensions from your browser.
Refresh Browser Settings
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click (☰) icon.
- Select Help option from drop-down list of browser menu.
- Now Click on “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on Refresh Firefox to restore your browser settings.
Remove Malicious Homepage Infected By MCrypt2018 Ransomware
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser >>> click on menu (☰) icon >>> Navigate to “Options” >>> Select “General”.
- Under “When Firefox start” option >>> Click on “Show my home page” >>> enter you desired URL address for homepage to replace malicious homepage created by MCrypt2018 Ransomware.
Reset Default Search Engine
Open Mozilla Firefox browser >>> click on magnifying glass located in the “Search bar” on your toolbar >>> click on “Change Search Settings” option.
Choose your Default Search Engine from “Search Preferences” window.
Well, Edge does not include extensions hence users will have to clear your browsing history and undo all changes made by MCrypt2018 Ransomware virus in your web browser.
Clear Browsing Histrory
- Open Edge browser and click on More (…) icon to open Browser Menu.
- The drop-down menu will appear, click on Settings.
- Click on Choose What To Clear option.
- Make the selection and click on Clear button.
Reset Search Engine
- Open Edge browser then click on More (…) icon and select Settings.
- Click on View Advance Settings option.
- Click on <Add New> option to reset default search provider.
- Now enter your desired search engine and hit Add as Default button.
Remove Malicious Extension
- Open browser >>> click Tools menu >>> select Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel.
- Now select MCrypt2018 Ransomware and click disable tab.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer >>> Click on “Tools” menu >>> “Internet option”.
- Choose “Advanced tab” and hit “Reset” button.
- Click on “Delete personal settings” check box and hit on “Reset” button.
Reset Malicious Home Page
- Open Internet Explorer >>> click on Tools icon >>> navigate to “Internet Options” from the menu.
- Click on General >>> Under “Home page” section >>> enter the URL of your desired homepage >>> click on “Apply” button and tap “OK” to save your changes.
Set Desired Homepage In Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer >>> hit the Tools icon to open browser menu >>> Click on “Manage Add-ons” option from drop down list.
- Click on “Search Providers” select your default search provider >>> click on the “Set as default” button.
Part 3 :- Kill MCrypt2018 Ransomware Related Process Via Windows Task Manger
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons simultaneously to open Windows Task Manager.
- Select Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Select all malicious process related with MCrypt2018 Ransomware and click End Process option.
Part 4 :- Uninstall MCrypt2018 Ransomware From Control Panel
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all program select and remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware.
- Click on Windows icon and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Programs section and choose Uninstall a program option.
- Now select MCrypt2018 Ransomware from all programs list and click Uninstall tab.
- Turn the cursor to lower-left corner of your system screen and click Start button.
- Now search for Control Panel in the search box and then click Control Panel.
- From the list of all programs select MCrypt2018 Ransomware and hit Uninstall tab.
- Go to Start and click on Setting icon.
- Under Setting page click on System option.
- Here click on Apps & Features option.
- From the list of all programs choose MCrypt2018 Ransomware and hit Uninstall tab. Confirm the action if asked.
Part 5 :- Remove MCrypt2018 Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button together on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by MCrypt2018 Ransomware virus.
Malicious Registry Keys Created by MCrypt2018 Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
|Prevention Tips To Avoid MCrypt2018 Ransomware In Future|
After using the above methods careful you should not have any problem while removing MCrypt2018 Ransomware virus from your PC. However, it is important to know for the users of these kind of attacks are very common nowadays. It is very much possible that your system may get infected again with some other malware and hence you need to be very careful. Well, we all know prevention is always better than cure. Hereby, it would be quite sensible for users to follow essential prevention steps in order to keep your PC safe and healthy for a long run.
- Avoid downloading freeware application or updates from any unauthorized websites.
- Users must not click on any misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Keep your system and all important program updated.
- Download updates from authentic and official websites.
- Always keep and updated and powerful anti-malware tool in your PC.
- Scan your PC for hidden threats, malware and viruses on regular intervals.
- Do not use any external USB drives in your PC without scanning.
- Select custom installation process to install any software in your PC and avoid bundled malware and PUP.
- Avoid any spam emails from unknown sender as it often carry any malicous attachments.
- Avoid using any open or public wife network.